BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Here it goes!

So, I'm FINALLY trying out this blogging thing by creating my own family's blog...and feeling slightly defeated! Who knows, maybe I'm too much a perfectionist and I need to let the little details slide. But then I remind myself how much I love the little details!

This is one of those things that is so hard to do in the beginning, but in the end you are so glad you did. Let's just hope this one lasts, unlike the millions of other great ideas I start but never finish. Ask Doug, he'll be the first to tell you that I get bored pretty quickly with new hobbies that sound like the best idea ever. For instance, like me wanting to train again for another marathon. But, as I started running again, just the thought of it wanted to make me roll over. Or the P90X workout videos I bought from an infomercial that I swore I would do every morning and night. Those videos were great, but they only lasted a few weeks-maybe I'll pick that one up again. Scrapbooking goes in phases-too bad I'm like 5 years behind and only started like 7 years ago. Doug even bought me the cricut machine for Christmas last year-I should probably learn how to use it. Then there's the hairbows I've been meaning to make, the finishing of my college degree, the weekly committment to healthy eating, the swimming, dancing, and spin classes I've been wanting to pick up, living by a budget, actually folding the laundry, and anything else that could possibly improve me. Hmmm...I'll get there someday.

In the meantime, I'm going to try my very best with this one!

3 comments:

amy said...

Great start Kristi! Don't be so hard on yourself, at least you make beautiful babies, and you haven't given them away.

Jocelyn Allan said...

YAY!!!I'm so glad you started a blog! I love keeping in touch with old friends this way--it's been the ONLY way I'm good at keeping up with everyone. I will look forward to your future posts.

p.s. your kids are darling!

Kristin said...

Love it! Where did you find your background? Your blog looks great :)